The deadline for the submission of proposals is 05 April 2018
Under the Horizon 2020 programme, the EC has made available €138 million and opened a new call for proposals for smart cities, smart energy systems or RES fuels. Eligible projects must belong to one of the following categories: (i) developing and testing solutions for smart cities and communities; (ii) developing and demonstrating integrated local energy systems (energy islands); (iii) decarbonising the energy systems of geographical islands; (iv) large-scale demonstrations of innovative grid services; or (v) demonstrating cost-effective advanced biofuel pathways in retrofitted industrial installations.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their proposals by 05 April 2018. The call is divided into five topics, which can be accessed here:
- Topic: Smart Cities and Communities
- Topic: Integrated local energy systems (Energy islands)
- Topic: Decarbonising energy systems of geographical Islands
- Topic: TSO – DSO – Consumer: Large-scale demonstrations of innovative grid services through demand response, storage and small-scale (RES) generation
- Topic: Demonstration of cost effective advanced biofuel pathways in retrofitted existing industrial installations